Single Sign-On for Salesforce/Force.com
There are some good articles from developerforce that teach you how to implement your own Single Sign-On (SSO) solution in your force.com application or Salesforce instance.
Beside solutions recommended from the above website, you can also look into some of the proven technologies that offers you additional benefits. For example: Ping Identity. With Ping Identity’s solutions, you can enjoy all these features:
- Ability to run PingConnect in the cloud or PingFederate on-premise.
- User Account Management with User Provisioning: Activating and deactivating users in your domain with just a few clicks.
- Proven Security Standards: Uses SAML 1.x, SAML 2.0 or WS-Federation standard.
- Flexibility to choose your Identity Store(s): Database, Active Directory/LDAP, Google Apps or even your Salesforce instance.
- Ability to integrate with your existing identity management and security infrastructure (Siteminder, TAM, Oracle Access Manager).
- Rapid Implementation: It takes days to implement the solution.
- Ready Integration Kits: You can integrate to just about anything.
- An SDK to create custom adapters.
If you would like to know more about the Ping Identity solutions, feel free to contact us.