Salesforce Tips: Using the Asset Object
October 11, 2012 /
Asset object in Salesforce is designed to store an item that is previously sold to a customer. If you are planning to use the Asset object, you should consider of the following:
- An asset record MUST be associated with an Account or a Contact. You can’t create an orphan record.
- You can’t create a tab for the Asset object. However, you can view them through the Product tab under Asset Views.
- Field tracking is not supported for Asset object.
- Record type is not supported for Asset object.
- Asset supports Apex trigger and Workflow.
- Asset object is not supported in Salesforce to Salesforce
If your data model designed is restricted because of the above reasons, you should consider using a Custom Object.