Salesforce Tips: Migrating Leads from Salesforce to Salesforce
October 29, 2012 /
If you would like to migrate All Leads from one Salesforce org to another Salesforce org, you may find the following notes useful.
For Unconverted Leads:
- If you would like to update the CreatedDate, CreatedBy, LastModifiedDate and LastModifiedBy field, you will need to request Salesforce support to enable this feature for you.
- Make sure that custom field type matches.
- CreatedBy, LastModifiedBy and OwnerId is referring to the User object. Each Salesforce instance will have a different set of User ID. You need to match them manually before running the data load.
For Converted Leads:
- Make sure the ConvertedDate > CreatedDate. Technically you can’t convert a date before you create them.
- ConvertedAccountId and ConvertedContactId could be blank if the record is deleted or merged. You should manually fix it first.