Salesforce: Forecast Types
In Spring’14 release, Salesforce introduced a new Forecast ability called Forecast Types. Forecast Types allow users to be able to view more detailed sales information in different angle. Below are the types available :
- Forecasting Opportunity Revenue
- Forecasting Opportunity Quantity/Unit
- Forecasting Opportunity Split (Revenue only)
- Forecasting Product Family Revenue
- Forecasting Product Family Quantity/Unit
Click on above types to see example scenarios and when to use them.
Defining Forecast Types:
In forecast settings, you will have to define Forecast Type.
See this documentation on how to do it: https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=forecasts3_enabling_data_sources.htm&language=en_US