In this tutorial, we are going to create a Plan that will be used as a staff roster for a care facility.
The steps involved are:
- Create the Resource Types
- Create the Resources and link them to the Resource Types
- Create the Plan/Roster
- Create Roles for the Plan and link each Role to a Resource Type
- View the Plan in the Planner Tab
- Create Allocations for the Plan to link Resources to Roles for specified time periods
To create a staff roster from scratch, start by clicking on Resource Types tab and select New. This is where we will create a Resource Type for all our jobs included in the roster.
Enter the job title under Resource Type Name and save.
Repeat this for each Resource Type, ie Nurse, Doctor, Carer, Domestic, Cleaner.
To make more than one Resource Type select Save&New.
Next, select the ‘Related’ tab which will be used to create a Resource for each staff member you want to include in the roster/Plan.
Select ‘New’ on the Resources Line.
Fill in the below:
Resource Name – Staff Member Name is recommended
Resource Type – Created in Step 2 (Should Auto Populate)
Display Name – Name that will appear on the Planner. (Mandatory)
User – Link to a Salesforce user
Always make sure ‘Active’ is ticked before saving.
Complete for each Resource (Role) you are creating.
Create the Resource Location
Go to Resource > Related > Resource Location > New
Click Here to find the Meaning of Resource Location.
Resource – Salesforce User
Location – Where the Allocation takes place
To create the location click here.
To create a plan, navigate to the Plans Tab and select new.
RIO Plan admins can create a plan through the planner tab (Only available to Admin Users).
Select a record type.
Enter the below:
- Plan Name
- Start and End Date
- Check Show on Planner
- Enter Location
- Resource Label (Autofill)
- Plan Line Label (Autofill)
Click on Plans in the Planner tab > select the Related tab > click New on the Plan Lines
Enter the following:
- Plan Line Name – Job Title, Nurse, Doctor, Carer etc
- Plan – this will be auto-populated with this Plan Name.
- Resource Type – Link to the Resource Type you created earlier
- Resource – Link to the Resource you created earlier
- Check Auto Allocate if you want to auto-allocate a Resource to this Role, then select the Resource.
- Order on Planner – Can be used to set the order on the planner
- Save or Save & New to continue adding more plan lines
Navigate to the Planner Tab. To view your newly created roster click View All.
You will now be able to view the roster that you have created. You will also be able to proceed to create some bookings.