Business is booming! John has bought a new warehouse in a different state (Queensland) to expand his business. In Salesforce, John now wants to input his new stock, setup this new Warehouse Location and transfer some existing inventory to his new Warehouse Location.
Step 1: John adds new stock to Warehouse NSW
- From Sample Data tab, look for a product name Guitar under All Products section.
- Click on Guitar product.
- Click on Inventory Adjustment button
4. Key in Warehouse NSW on Warehouse section and 15 on Qty* section
Step 2: John wants to setup a new warehouse in Queensland
1. Click on the arrow next to Warehouse Location tab and + New Warehouse Location
Step 3: John wants to transfer some stock from Warehouse NSW to Warehouse QLD
1. Click on Inventory Adjustment tab
2. Select Transfer Inventory between Warehouse Locations
3. Key in information as per below screenshot:
Step 4: John Sells 2 Guitar to a customer from Queensland
- From Sample Data tab, look for an Opportunity name Use Case 1 under All Opportunities section.
- Click into the Opportunity.
3. Edit the Opportunity & set the Default Location to Warehouse QLD
4. Add 2 guitar as product
6. Making changes to the Opportunity stage will reflect below result.