WDCi has developed an integration job to help RIO Inventory customers to import inventory information from Xero to Salesforce.
In order to use this integration job, customers will need to install a free 3rd party data import tool named Skyvva – Skyvva Dataloader.
Note: Any Appexchange or third party applications, such as Skyvva are not the responsibility of WDCi. The use of Skyvva is included here based on the available features and licensing model provided by Skyvva. Any licensing requirement or purchase will be the responsibility of the customer and the ongoing relationship for Skyvva will be between the customer and Skyvva and not WDCi.
After installing the tool, WDCi will provide the integration job and the customer will have to import the integration job into their Salesforce.
Follow through this documentation to review the steps involved.
Xero Inventory Information for RIO Inventory
Getting Inventory Report from Xero
- Login to Xero
- Under Reports tab > New Report
- Select Inventory Item List
- Edit report setting to remove grouping
- Edit report setting to show only – Item Code, Item Name, Description Quantity On Hand
- Export as excel
Sample report format:
Inventory Report Notes
- Report is extracted in excel format
- Report is exported along with 4 lines of the header (e.g, Inventory Item List)
- Report will have a total in the last row
- Report will show all item
- Report does not have Product Quantity Threshold
Migrating Xero Report
Below is the list of fields exported in the CSV file & their mapping to Salesforce field. Please note that you will need to add a default warehouse value for each product record. The warehouse value is not exported in the CSV file.
Migration Job Design (Data Loader)
Cleaning of data
Before running the data loader job, a manual cleanup on spreadsheet file is needed:
- Remove first 4 lines of report header & title. E.g, Inventory Item List
- Remove total line in the last row
- Manually define
- Save excel in CSV format
Once the spreadsheet file is ready, we can then run one upsert job on the Product object. The job will:
- Update existing Product information by matching Product Code (Update information including QOH & Product Quantity Threshold)
- Create new Product if Product Code matching not found (Create along with QOH & Product Quantity Threshold information)
Insert Inventory Transaction
This job will need to run after Product upsert. It will always create a new Inventory Transaction record with below information:
- Product Code
- Warehouse Id – A default warehouse ID will be hardcoded
- Input Quantity (QOH) – From input source file
- Check the Overwrite Existing QoH checkbox – Always true
This insert job will have to behave as below:
- QOH will only update 1x warehouse unless the user specifies manually in a spreadsheet, the unique external id for warehouse – Warehouse Location Code. Then the job will be able to find the right warehouse
- QOH will always be overwritten
Step 1: Create a new Integration record.
- Click on the + tab to view all objects in Salesforce. (Pictured Right)
- Look for the tab name Integration > Create new
- Give a name to the integration job that makes sense. For example: Xero Inventory Import
Step 2: Import Integration Job
- In the Integration page, go to the Interfaces tab. (First Picture Below)
- Click on ‘Import Interface’ button to upload the integration job from WDCi
- Upload the interface. Steps are: Choose File > Upload > Back (Second Picture Below)
- Once the interface is uploaded, you are ready to test the integration job!
How to run the job
- Go to the Integration you have created.
- Click on Mass Manual Load on the Details tab.
- In the mass load page, browse for the Xero exported file and hit Push. (Pictured Below)
- You can then review the import results in the Message Board.