WDCi has developed an integration job to help RIO Inventory customers to import inventory information from Saasu to Salesforce.
In order to use this integration job, customers will need to install a free 3rd party data import tool named Skyvva – Skyvva Dataloader
Note: Any Appexchange or third party applications, such as Skyvva are not the responsibility of WDCi. The use of Skyvva is included here based on the available features and licensing model provided by Skyvva. Any licensing requirement or purchase will be the responsibility of the customer and the ongoing relationship for Skyvva will be between the customer and Skyvva and not WDCi.
After installing the tool, WDCi will provide the integration job and the customer will have to import the integration job into their Salesforce.
Follow through this documentation to review the steps involved.
Saasu Integration for RIO Inventory
Getting Inventory Information from Saasu
- Login to Saasu
- Under Items tab > Items
- Show all All items in the filter
- Click on Export drop-down > select CSV > Click Export
Inventory Information Notes
- The Saasu spreadsheet does not include Combo Items.
- The Saasu spreadsheet will include inventory & non-inventory item.
- When non-inventory (0 QOH) Product is created, backend code will update the Product Inventory Status to Non-Inventory Item automatically
- Product code will be used as a matching key
Saasu does not support a warehouse function. Therefore, the spreadsheet will not have Warehouse information.
Migrating Saasu Inventory Information to Salesforce
Below is the list of fields exported in the CSV file & their mapping to Salesforce field. Please note that you will need to add a default warehouse value for each product record. The warehouse value is not exported in the CSV file.
Migration Job Design (Data Loader)
Two migration jobs are needed:
- Upsert Product
- Insert Inventory Transaction (This job will have to run after the first job)
Upsert Product Job
This job will need to match source file Product list with existing Products in Salesforce by using Product Code and performing the logic below:
- If Product Code matches, update Product Quantity Threshold
- If Product Code does not match, create new Product
Insert Inventory Transaction
This job will always create a new Inventory Transaction (Backend code will then update the Product QOH automatically).
In order to create a new Inventory Transaction record, this job will need to have below information:
- Product Code
- Warehouse Id – A default warehouse ID will be hardcoded
- Input Quantity (QOH) – From input source file
- Check the Overwrite Existing QoH checkbox – Always true
The insert job will have to behave as below:
- Inventory adjustment will only be performed for 1x warehouse (default) unless the user can specify manually in a spreadsheet, the unique external ID for warehouse – Warehouse Location Code
- QOH will always be overwritten
Step 1: Import Integration Job
1. In the Integration Page, go to the Interfaces Tab.
2. Look for the tab name integration > Create new
3. Give a name to the integration job that makes sense. For example: Saasu Inventory Import
Step 2: Import Integration Job
1. In the Integration page, go to the Interfaces tab. (First Picture Below)
2. Click on ‘Import Interface’ button to upload the integration job from WDCi
3. Upload the interface. Steps are: Choose File > Upload > Back (Second Picture Below)
4. Once the interface is uploaded, you are ready to test the integration job!
How to Run the Job
- Go to the Integration you have created.
- Click on Mass Manual Load on the Details tab.
- In the mass load page, browse for the Saasu exported file and hit Push. (Picture Below)
- You Can then review the import results in the Message Board