RIO Inventory uses Salesforce standard Products. We have added some additional fields to display and manage Inventory.
To create new/update existing Products:
1. Navigate to the Products tab.
2. Click on New button to create a new Product or select an existing Product and Edit to update.
The screenshots below depict how to create a new Product.
In this tab, you will be able to set the Product Name, Product Code (Optional) and the Default Location.
- Inventory Status + – RIO Inventory updates this field based on Inventory Status:
a. Non Inventory Item
b. No Inventory
c. No Available Inventory
d. Low Inventory
e. Low Available Inventory
f. Inventory Available
- Inventory Product Code+ – RIO Inventory updates this field using what was specified in the RIO Inventory Configuration screen in the “Product Unique Identifier” pick list.
- You will have specified your unique identifier, either Product Code, SKU, or the “Product Name”.
- Is Non-Inventory Item+ – Select this check box for Products that are not inventoried such as services or freight.
- Kit Type – Edit this field to select Combo or Assembled, leave None if not relevant to this Product. See this page for more information on Kit Products.
- Default Location+ – This field is mandatory if Product is selected as Default Warehouse Location in RIO Inventory Configuration as it is required for Opportunities to create the default Inventory Assignments.
- Select a Warehouse Location that is the default for each Product.
- On Hand, Reserved & Available – RIO Inventory updates these three fields to indicate how many items are physically On Hand, how many are Reserved for Opportunities and how many are Available.
- Low Inventory Threshold – Used for low inventory alerts. The default can be set on the RIO Inventory Configuration screen.
- To manually specify Low Inventory Threshold per Product, check the Overwrite Low Inventory Threshold checkbox on the RIO Inventory Configuration screen.
- SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) – Use this field to store a product/service identification code for the Product.
- Cost Tracking – Check this to enable Cost Tracking for this Product. See this page for more information on Cost Tracking.
- Default Unit Cost – If you are using Cost Tracking, enter that here.
- Batch/Serial Type – Use to determine if products are Batch or Serial Products. This is where you select the Batch type.
- Serial – When enabled, products will be marked as Serial Products
- Batch & Serial Type & Batch Assignment Method – Edit these fields to select Batch or Serial & their related Batch Assignment Method, leave None if not relevant to this Product. See this page for more information on Batch & Serial Products.
Before saving make sure Active is selected.
Tip: To create multiple products, select Save & New
For RIO Inventory Tutorials: Click Here
Added your newly created Products to a Price Book so they can be added to Opportunities:
- Select the Related Tab > Price Book > Add Standard Price
- You then need to select the List Price and Save.
- Once saved select Add to Price Book > Select Price Book and Currency > Select Next
- Check “Use Standard Price” Box or List Price > Save.
Example of adding a Product to a Price book.