Initial setup: If this is your first time, each new sync job will appear after completing the previous one.
There are 3 Preliminary Sync Jobs to perform before you can start syncing Opportunities to Xero:
- Sync Tax Codes – This brings the available tax codes from Xero over to Salesforce. These are used to find the tax inclusive price when creating Invoices in Xero.
- These are stored as a new custom object Tax Code in Salesforce.
- Sync Account Codes – This brings all available sales account codes from Xero over to Salesforce. These can be used to change the designated sales account for certain products.
- These are stored as a new custom object Account Code in Salesforce.
- Sync Items – This looks for all Items in Xero where the Item Code matches a Product Code in Salesforce.
- The first time you Sync Items it will find all Xero Items. Any subsequent runs will only look for items that have been updated since the last sync job.
- You can choose to do another sync with all XeroItems by marking the Full Items Sync checkbox.
- Item sync will do the following:
- Product.External ID = Xero’s Item ID
- Product.Tax Code = Xero’s Item default Sales Tax Code
- Product.Account Code = Xero’s Item default Sales Tax Code
For more information on Sync Items, click here.