“Enroll into courses recommended on the learning pathway”
Aaron has now successfully enrolled in the Program Master of Leadership. He is ready to kick-start his accreditation journey!
There are a few things Aaron can do from the Student Community:
- View his pathway
- Enroll in a course
- Track his Lecturer/Tutorial sessions
- Track his results
Firstly, Aaron needs to decide if he’s going to follow the recommended pathway or define his own pathway. Once he’s decided his pathway, he can enroll in the available courses.
To view the Pathway, follow the below steps.
Term Enrollment will show you how to understand the process of enrolling in terms and courses.
Let’s explore how to enroll into a Term and view its available courses within the selected pathway.
Aaron has decided to follow the recommended pathway, which kicks start on 2018 Term 2. He will be enrolled in his first course: LEA401 – Introduction to Leadership, which is available in the same term.
When a course enrollment is successful, a Course Connection record is created. This is the main course enrollment detail tracking record, which is used to track course enrollment information, payment records and study results.
There are 3 sections in the Course Connection:
- General Detail
- Payment – Total Fees and payment detail, which includes linkage to an actual payment record
- Course Connection Result – Keeping track of the study outcome for the course of study
The following records below are also being generated:
- Payment records – linked under the Payment section
- PE Courses – To track additional courses information
- Session Connections – These are the sessions main configuration records for Aaron, which are created a base on the master session setup.
- Session Bookings – Actual booking records will be created, which will be displayed in the student community as the calendar view
|Course Connection||Main student enrollment record. Use to keep track of study status, payment details and final results|
|PE Course||Cloned from Program Course, this is mainly use to keep track of the GPA and requirement/pre-requisite automation|
|PE Course Requirement||Cloned from Program Course Requirement. Mainly to keep track the requirement for completing the course.|
|Session Connection||These are the sessions main configuration records for Aaron, which are created a base on the master session setup|
|Session Booking||Actual booking records will be created, which will be displayed in student community as the calendar view|
The main approach used is to clone the few master setups into individual student specific records. This allows the requirement/details to be changed without affecting the master setup (ie: some student may have their own pathway or course requirement)