John runs a Music shop and wants to motivate his sales team to achieve greater success and sell more instruments this quarter.
John will be able to split his 6 staff into 2 teams of 3 members. He can place the teams into a Challenge where he knows his staff will respond well to friendly competition. John is hoping this will keep motivating his staff to succeed through a combination of rewards and recognition throughout the Challenge.
John decides that success this quarter will be through a combination of:
- Closing larger value Opportunities
- Closing Opportunities faster
John wants to award challenge points based on the size of the closed won opportunity and the time taken to close them. Larger opportunities will attract more points, but a smaller opportunity closed faster may just be more valuable.
John wants his staff to be able to see their points and how they are ranking against peers in a leader board.
To achieve this in RIO DriveSuccess, John’s Salesforce Admin will then need to create the Challenge in Salesforce by:
How to Create Attribute Points in the Challenge
John has decided that he wants to create a complex points system where he can enter his points for amount and can add his multiplier for closed date.
- John needs to Navigate to “RDS Challenges” Tab
- Select the ‘New’ button to create a New Challenge
- Select type (Either Team Challenge or Personal Challenge). If you wish to Clone from a previous challenge you can, or you can just clone the challengers or attributes.
- Select the Next button and fill in Name, Start Date, End Date, Status (Draft until ready to start challenge), Recurring Type and have added your challengers.
- Click on the “Save & Next” button once completed
- ‘Add Row’ and Start typing name of Attribute into the bock and then select ‘New Attribute’
- Enter an Attribute Name (e.g Sales Opportunity)
- Define a Points Method (e.g Calculated from Input )
- Enter Challenge Points (e.g below shows multiple points given in between certain amounts)
- Click on the “Save” button
The member receiving the Endorsement will receive an email and notification will appear in chatter.
How to Manually Award Points in the Challenge
- Navigate to “RDS Endorsement” tab
- Click on the “New” button
- Select the User being awarded points
- Type in selected Attribute
- There is also the option to link an endorsement to a record.
- Select Endorsement Date (Date endorsement was created).
- Point Multiplier (e.g If you multiple Blog by 2, it will equal 14 points in total).
- Select a Description if applicable and then there is the option to disable chatter post notification.
- Click on the “Save” button.
Find out more here: Endorsement
How to Create an Automatic Point using Process Builder
If John wants his points to be awarded automatically he will need to:
- Select ‘Setup’ and search ‘Process Builder’ in Quick Find
- Select ‘New’ to create your flowchart
- Fill in ‘Process Name’ and tab for API Name. There is the option to add a description, and when the process starts. Select Save
- Select ‘+ Add Object’
- Select ‘Object’ (Opportunity) and ‘Start the Process’ (Only when a record is created)
- Select ‘+ Add Criteria’
- Enter ‘Criteria Name’ (Opportunity Closed-Won), ‘Criteria for Executing Actions’ (Conditions are met), ‘Set Conditions’ (Opportunity is Closed Equals Boolean False) and ‘Conditions’ (All of the conditions are met (AND).
- In ‘Immediate Actions’ select ‘+ Add Action’, add the ‘Action Type’ (Create a Record), ‘Action Name’ (Create RDS Endoresment), ‘Record Type’ (RDS Endorsement).
- Then proceed to set 5 ‘Set Field Values’
- Attribute – ID – (Value = Find ID by selecting endorsement from RDS Endorsement)
- Endoresment Date – Formula – Today()
- Related Record Id – Reference – [Opportunity].Id
- User – Reference – [Opportunity].Owner.Id
- Points Awarded – Number – 1
10. Once you have completed, select ‘Activate’.