To create points to be awarded automatically you will need to set up a Process Builder through the Setup Menu. The example below will show you how to create using a ‘Calculated from input’ point to be given when an opportunity become closed-won. Points will be given for a certain amount and then multiplied depending on the closing date.
How to Create an Automatic Point using Process Builder
- Select ‘Setup’ and search ‘Process Builder’ in Quick Find
- Select ‘New’ to create your flowchart
- Fill in ‘Process Name’ and tab for API Name. There is the option to add a description, and when the process starts. Select Save
- Select ‘+ Add Object’
- Select ‘Object’ (Opportunity) and ‘Start the Process’ (Only when a record is created)
- Select ‘+ Add Criteria’
- Enter ‘Criteria Name’ (Opportunity Closed-Won), ‘Criteria for Executing Actions’ (Conditions are met), ‘Set Conditions’ (Opportuntiy is Closed Equals Boolean False) and ‘Conditions’ (All of the conditions are met (AND).
- In ‘Immediate Actions’ select ‘+ Add Action’, add the ‘Action Type’ (Create a Record), ‘Action Name’ (Create RDS Endoresment), ‘Record Type’ (RDS Endorsement).
- Then proceed to set 5 ‘Set Field Values’
- Attribute – ID – (Value = Find ID by selecting endorsement from RDS Endorsement)
- Endoresment Date – Formula – Today()
- Related Record Id – Reference – [Opportunity].Id
- User – Reference – [Opportunity].Owner.Id
- Points Awarded – Number – 1
10. Once you have completed, select ‘Activate’.