Boomi Tip: SAP Integration
This guide is not to help you to build a brilliant integration, but it gives you an important head start if you are integrating to SAP by using the Boomi SAP Connector.
- Before the installation, please make sure that you have installed the Java JDK (not JRE) in the server although Boomi Atom installer will download the Java JRE into the Atom installation directory (e.g, C:/Boomi Atomsphere/Atom – WDCi Atom/jre) if you do not have one in the server. Unfortunately, the Java JRE is not sufficient to run the SAP connector.
- You need to create a JAVA_HOME environment variable to point to the Java JDK directory and also include the JAVA_HOME/bin into the global path environment variable.
- After the installation, you will need to download the additional SAP library from the official site (service.sap.com/connectors > SAP Java Connector > Tools & Services) and extract the content into the <Boomi atom installation folder>/userlib/sapjco folder (e.g, C:/Boomi Atomsphere/Atom – WDCi Atom/userlib/sapjco).
- Once the above is done, please restart the Atom service in order for the changes to take effect.
Notes: If you would like to use SAP IDoc Listener (for real time integration), Boomi SAP connector requires a database (for tracking purpose) and you will need to download the required JDBC driver and place in the userlib/ folder.
After importing the operation, please make sure that the date data type field has the correct date format in both Request and Response profile. The format used by the connector is:
- Date = yyyy-MM-dd
- Time = HH:mm:ss
Failing to configure the date in the Request profile would cause the connector to always returns all data from SAP.
Mostly, you will query the data by using last updated date time. The date/time format for the query operation is:
- Date = yyyy-MM-dd (this is different from the format being used in SAP BAPI Tester, dd.MM.yyyy)
- Time = HH:mm:ss
If you are sending information to SAP via a BAPI operation, it is best to double check with the SAP developer to see if they require Boomi SAP Connector to send “Commit Transaction” as part of the BAPI call. If yes, please make sure that the “Commit Transaction” option is checked in the SAP operation.